Areas of Service for Journey
We welcome and encourage your participation in our Journey to the Table. Your help is needed to make the experience one that will bless and have a lasting effect on all the participants. Prayer is very important in every aspect of the Journey to the Table and commitment is also needed. Please pray and ask God to lead you in the areas that you choose to serve on each Journey. God’s timing is always right.
Sponsoring a Young Adult on the Journey
A great way to support Journey is to sponsor a young man or woman. Prayer and careful consideration before selecting someone to sponsor is extremely important. Please do not push anyone to come to a Journey before they are ready. Let God be your guide in approaching someone for sponsorship. Be sensitive to the Spirit’s leading and you will be blessed to be part of a wonderful experience for others.
Duties of a Sponsor include:
- Praying for your young man or woman before and during the Journey.
- Answering any questions that the participant might have about the Journey beforehand.
- Bringing your participant to Send-Off and 4th Day.
- Attending Sponsor Hour.
- Collecting letters for your participant.
- Making sure any concerns of your participant are taken care of during your participant’s Journey so they do not have to worry about those they left at home.
- Attending candlelight and closing.
- Sponsors submit an application for their participant to the Journey Registrar. Their contact info is listed on each application. Both the sponsor and the applicant will receive a confirmation letter that he/she is accepted for a Journey to the Table. It is important to reply and confirm that your applicant is indeed coming to that Journey.
CLICK HERE for a convenient form with suggestions for Sponsors and a cut off portion for your participant with suggestions of items that they might want to bring.
Set Up/Take Down
One of the first areas of sharing agape love with the team and the participants is to assist with Set Up/Take Down. This is a very important part of a Journey and one that is often overlooked. People are needed to help with bringing the mattresses to the church, breaking down the rooms and setting them up, bringing supplies up from the storage room, and also breaking down and repacking everything on Sunday.
This area of service is demanding and often thankless because you are behind the scenes making the way easy for those who follow behind you. It is rewarding in knowing that you are vital to the success of the Journey to the Table. You take part in beginning the Journey with great form and sacrifice and laying a foundation for the service given with a sincere and open heart of agape love.
Set Up begins on Wednesday evenings after commissioning. Come earlier if you can assist with getting the mattresses from storage. Take Down begins at 6am on Sunday mornings. Call any of the current Set-Up/Take-Down board member reps for more information. (You do not have to volunteer for both set up and take down. One or the other is very much appreciated.
Agape is a very busy area of service. Your help is needed to fill all the needs of Agape. Food, drinks, water, fruits, vegetables and dips are needed for every Journey and any homemade item is always popular.
Volunteers are also needed to help Agape with the weekend events, with setting up candlelight, and with packing up supplies on Saturday.
Agape gifts and banners are also needed. If you or your reunion group can supply some of these, please try to have them at the Journey early so the Agape Team can be ready for the .
CLICK HERE to get contact info for your current Agape Board Reps.