Areas of Service for Chrysalis
We welcome and encourage your participation in our Chrysalis Flights. Your help is needed to make the experience one that will bless and have a lasting effect on all the butterflies. Prayer is very important in every aspect of the Chrysalis Flight and commitment is also needed. Please pray and ask God to lead you in the areas that you choose to serve on each flight. God’s timing is always right.
Sponsoring a Butterfly
A great way to support Chrysalis is to sponsor a butterfly. Prayer and careful consideration before selecting a butterfly to sponsor is extremely important. Please do not push anyone to come to a Chrysalis flight before they are ready. Let God be your guide in approaching someone for sponsorship. Be sensitive to the Spirit’s leading and you will be blessed to be part of a wonderful experience for others.
Duties of a Sponsor include:
- Praying for your butterfly before and during the flight.
- Answering any questions that the butterfly might have about the flight beforehand.
- Bringing your butterfly to Send-Off and 4th Day.
- Attending Sponsor Hour.
- Collecting letters for your butterfly.
- Making sure any concerns of your butterfly are taken care of during your butterfly’s flight so they do not have to worry about those they left at home.
- Attending candlelight and closing.
- Sponsors submit an application for their butterfly to the Chrysalis Registrar. Their contact info is listed on each application. Both the sponsor and the applicant will receive a confirmation letter that he/she is accepted for a flight. It is important to reply and confirm that your applicant is indeed coming to that flight.
CLICK HERE for a convenient form with suggestions for Sponsors and a cut off portion for your butterflies with suggestions of items that they might want to bring.
Set Up/Take Down
One of the first areas of sharing agape love with the team and the butterflies is to assist with Set Up/Take Down. This is a very important part of the flight and one that is often overlooked. People are needed to help with bringing the mattresses to the church, breaking down the rooms and setting them up for the flight, bringing supplies up from the storage room and also breaking down and repacking everything on Sunday.
This area of service is demanding and often thankless because you are behind the scenes making the way easy for those who follow behind you. It is rewarding in knowing that you are vital to the success of the flight. You take part in beginning the flight with great form and sacrifice and lay a foundation for the whole flight for service given with a sincere and open heart of agape love.
Set Up begins on Wednesday evenings after commissioning. Come earlier if you can assist with getting the mattresses from storage. Take Down begins at 6am on Sunday mornings. Call any of the current Set-Up/Take-Down board member reps for more information. (You do not have to volunteer for both set up and take down. One or the other is very much appreciated.
CLICK HERE to see the current board members.
Agape is a very busy area of service. Your help is needed to fill all the needs of Agape! Food, drinks, water, fruits, vegetables and dips are needed for every flight and any home-made item is always popular!
Volunteers are also needed to help Agape with the weekend events, with setting up candlelight, and with packing up supplies on Saturday.
Agape gifts and banners are also needed. If you or your reunion group can supply some of these, please try to have them at the flight early so the Agape Team can be ready for the flight.
CLICK HERE to get contact info for your current Agape Board Reps.